a lovely GUI (graphical user interface)
Things for me to remember and consider for when designing a good GUI:
- group elements together
- think of primary and secondary actions
- The 80/20 % rule (normally only 20% of a UI is used)
- Affordances: Physical and digital constraints
- Use familiar symbols (think of desktop metaphor)
- KEEP CONSISTENT!
- Scaleability and flexability
- The user must feel comfortable:you need a clear sense of ‘home’, always allow undo, always make an easy way out, progress bars
- The interface and task always belong to the USER!